What's different between both?
I read some forums and articles in newspaper.
Parents and teacher need to discipline their kids, well it's a must but how?
Some said that they scold the kids if they are naughty, some said that they punish the kids, some said that they will say in the firm words.
Well, I do believe that the kids are not in totally fault, they like to explore, try, learn in their own ways which sometimes make inconvinience for adults.
For eg, if the baby likes to open the drawer, 'cos for him it's very interesting to see the mechanical of the drawer by pull and push. We will get annoyed or worry that he may hurt his fingers and we warn him.
But, the more we try to warn him, the more he eagers to try and ignore our warning.
So what should we do? scold him? just let him be? distract him with other toys?
It's kinda a dilemma, isn't it
For me, I do a lot of combination for disciplining my baby.
I have ever tried do punishment by putting him into the room and close it. But it doesn't really effective.
First, it makes my boy become traumatic when I leave him in the room, secondly, he still repeat again and again.
So I change the method. As long as it's not dangerous I will let him be.
If it turns to be danger, I will warn him, and if he doesn't want to listen, I distract him with other objects.
And turn out it will be more effective.
That's why, from my own experience that punishment doesn't really work best to discipline the kids
The kids never accept "NO" words or other negative imperative. The more we say "No" the more agitated they are and the more they eager to try.
Just some tips for parents
* Instead of saying no no no, say it in positive way but firm tone
for eg...instead of saying don't run, say walk slowly or instead of saying don't eat the paper, say hold the paper
* Distract the kids with other objects
for eg, your kids are playing with drawer or cupboard, and you don't want your kids hurt, distract him with his favorite toys
* Let the kids learn from the mistakes
for eg, if your kids are persistent playing with drawer, just let them be, provided that you make sure that the inside is not dangerous to kids. If they accidentally hurt their fingers, they will learn how to be careful next time
* Don't use violence
I really don't agree using violence to discipline the kids, 'cos it will have negative impact for the kids in the short and long term.
They will see you as dictator and become more rebel than before, besides they will put in their mind that violence can solve the problems.
Therefore, in the future, when they start schooling, they will be easily using violence to get what they want and worse they become abusive parents
* If the kids are older enough to understand, give them reasons why they shouldn't do this or that
Usually kindergarden kids have enough understanding when we tell them the reasons why they shouldn't do this or that...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.