Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Discipline Method

I ever read in the forum when one of mommy asked when is the right time to discipline our kids ?
And there are many comments that said as early as possible starting from conceive period, some mentioned starting from new born.
And surprising comments are some still use "violent" method (caning, smacking, etc) when the kid refuses to obey what the parents ask
Hmmm...it makes me wonder in this modern age, there are still parents like to use "violent" method to the kids
Are their kids having really bad behavior or they just simply couldn't control themselves?

Well, when I relate back to my life experience dealing with Richie...I seldom have bad time except during feeding times....I mean of course I scold him if he really out of control but I never lay my hands on him
I believe that what we do is what our kids will do in the future 'cos subconsciously they observe, process and copy what the parents do

Therefore instead of wasting so much energy scolding him, I make myself easier by doing these...

1. Starting from my pregnancy, I've told him to be a good boy, to obey parents and God...

2. Make the home baby proof, conceal all the cables and plugs, put all dangerous equipment or valuable things out of reach from the kid ... meaning that our home becomes more like preschool than cozy home hehe
Cos we can't put the picture frame or decorations in the table 

3. Instead of telling him "don't" or " no " I tell him the positive way...for eg...instead of telling him don't put this coin into the mouth, I tell and teach him how to put the coin into the coin bank 

4. Letting him learn from the mistakes, sometimes out of curiosity, Richie likes to try something 
I know that it would hurt him, but because of his strong willed, I let him and when he hurts, he'll learn how to deal with it...
Sound cruel yah ? but it's good as long as we already took the precautions


5. Give him cold treatment, this is when my anger can't subdue directly, instead of scolding him or beat him, I rather give him a cold treatment...pretend that he's not there...I just do my own things and when he asks me to do something for him, I simply ignore it...
It makes me cool down and he knows and feels guilty too


6. When his daddy scolds him, mommy won't interfere and the same thing when mommy scolds him, daddy won't interfere it...
I guess it's good so he knows that when he's wrong he will admit and not asking protection from one of us

Of course the two last points are done when he's out of control, otherwise he's quite a good boy and obeys mommy and daddy.

Punishment ???
Hmmm never punish him so far, I don't believe in punishment as well. It doesn't make positive impact and makes the kid becomes traumatic

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.